Are you teaching or caring for children (from babies through high schoolers) in a professional capacity in Oak Park? We are here to support you, your students, and their families. Because building capacity for literacy and education is core to who we are, and core to our role as your public library. Please note: During the library’s Service Level 2, we cannot host group visits or classroom field trips.
For you: Get & renew your library card
Don’t live in Oak Park? Every teacher, teaching assistant, daycare provider, and school staff member working in Oak Park can get an Oak Park Public Library educator card. Have your current photo ID and an Oak Park school employment ID to get started. Educator cards must be renewed each year.
Need to renew or sign up for your new educator card? Call 708.383.8200 »
For your classroom: Resource delivery
Do you want physical library items (such as books, movies, and artifacts) to support your virtual classroom work? Oak Park educators and childcare providers can receive items, contact-free! To request delivery and pickup of books, kits, artifacts, or other library materials for your school or daycare group, please complete this new form »
For you & your students: Learning to use your digital library
- Get started with how-to videos. We’ve created these short, custom videos to get you and your students started with Hoopla, Libby, Media on Demand, and Lynda. Start watching and share »
- Discover digital educational titles—covering a wide array of subjects and topics—for younger patrons. Get instant access to the collection in the Hoopla Homework Center »
- Have a specific request around a unique tool or topic? Have feedback to share? Let us know now; we’re working in new ways to support you »
Bookmark our top homework help sites
An Oak Park library account number and PIN is what you need to access online resources, live tutoring support, and more. Here are a few of our librarians’ most requested resources, by age and grade:
For early learners: Virtual learning & fun activities
Early learning library staff share books, activities, videos, and resources to help children on the path to reading.
For grade schoolers: Discovery Kits
Discovery Kits are backpacks full of hands-on play-and-learn activities. Themes encourage kids to explore nature, make art, practice coding, and even learn to play the ukulele.
- Browse more than 50 Discovery Kits: Check out and take home a kit »
- Want to discover and explore more? Find librarian-curated resources and activities related to our Discovery Kits »
Want to get the latest Kids & Families news, including content for at-home learners? Subscribe to receive Kids & Families in your inbox »