Due to forecasts for heavy snow and unsafe travel conditions, all three library buildings will be closed Friday, February 9.
"All reports indicate treacherous to impossible travel in the Chicago area on Friday with up to a foot of snow predicted for some areas before the end of the day. The Oak Park Public Library's locations will be closed for the day," said Executive Director David J. Seleb.
For anytime, anywhere access to your account and digital materials, log in with your library card number and PIN at oppl.org.
Warming centers are open:
- Housing Forward, call for overnight shelter locations. 888.338.1744. Open: 7:30 pm-6:45 am.
- Call ahead to confirm: Oak Park Township Senior Services, 130 S. Oak Park Ave. 708.383.8060. Call ahead to confirm if open: weekdays, 8 am-2 pm for seniors ages 60 and older. Need a ride? Call the transportation office at 708.383.4806.
- Oak Park Village Hall, 123 Madison St. 708.383.6400. Open: weekdays, 8:30 am-5 pm.
- Rush Oak Park Hospital, 520 Maple Ave. 708.383.9300. Open: 24 hours.
- West Suburban Medical Center, 3 Erie Ct. 708.383.6200. Open: 5:30 am-8:30 pm (Call to find out if the warming center is open after hours).
If transportation to a warming center is needed, call the Oak Park Police Department’s non-emergency number at 708.386.3800.